Quality steel structures that is cost effective and can be constructed relatively faster is a deal that clients always look out for. This is achievable through Light Gauge Steel Framing, commonly known as LGSF technology. LGSF structures are lightweight but have high structural strength and quality.
Cold formed steel construction is a contemporary system that brings in accuracy. It offers building systems two of the most sought after advantages of quick construction and waste reduction. Buildings made using LGSF technology have their components manufactured in a factory before being moved to the job site for assembly and installation. Light Gauge Steel Framework is a worthy alternative to traditional construction, especially for low cost housing projects that need to be completed fast. Manufactured using machinery with minimal human intervention, LGSF technology is the best option for residential, commercial buildings, schools, health centres, independent houses and other buildings upto G+1 story. Cold formed light gauge steel frame technology weights about one-third to that of traditional buildings and can be erected in half the construction time required.
LGSF offers unparalleled benefits over other technologies, when it comes to strength to weight ratio, seismic & wind resistance, with better pest & mold resistance. This is an eco-friendly construction technology which is non-combustible and built to precision. For Sustainable housing solutions this is the best mode of construction one can opt for. Having said that, let’s look at a few benefits of LGSF as follows:
Advantages of LGSF:
- Quick to construction frame by frame.
- Lesser time and skilled personnel needed for assembling.
- The steel parts in LGSF have pre-made holes for electrical purposes and attaching fastners. All the parts are labelled before shipping to avoid confusion while assembling. Thus, chances of error happening is negligible.
- LGSF construction is time saving since majority of the components are made off site. Thus, assembly and the production work can take place simultaneously which speeds up the construction process.
- Maximum efficiency can be obtained from LGSF construction as all the components are designed to act together as a uniform system.
- LGSF structures are aesthetically appealing.
- These buildings offer good resistance against seismic actions since it is made of materials that have optimum strength to weight ratio.
- Steel is recyclable, and most of the materials can be use again.
To sum it up, LGSF comes as the most competitive solution for small buildings that have to erected within a short time frame. EPACK Prefab is a manufacturer and supplier of light gauge steel framing buildings. With over 20 years of manufacturing experience in prefabrication, we have made LGSF projects across India.